Michael and Gail Hyatt have been married for over 38 years and have 5 beautiful daughters. Michael is the former CEO of Thomas Nelson having worked his way to the top.
Along the way he recognized he thought he was putting his marriage first but after a visit to the emergency room he realized otherwise. Since then he has intentionally focused on his marriage and are stronger now than they have ever been.
He is now the CEO of Michael Hyatt & Co where his mission is to help people win at work and succeed at life. You can learn more of his amazing work at MichaelHyatt.com.
Here is their inspiring story.
If you want to full ebook transcript of the interview, just click below to get instant access:
A few weeks back in our Marriage More Facebook Community we asked what kind of questions would you want answers to if you could speak with a couple who has grown, traveled, built and loved well for many years…
You spoke up asking some hard questions… questions you are struggling through in your own marriages here today:
- How do you carve out time for your spouse and family while having so many work demands?
- My spouse won’t go to marriage counseling but I know we need it and want to go, what should I do?
- What one word would you use to describe your marriage?
- What’s the best advice they have for young married couples?
- What are the non-negotiable in the marriage?
- If you got to go back, what would he change? More family time…more date nights or would he not change a thing?
… And now, we’ve got the answers.
To say we are excited about this interview may just be the understatement of 2016. We’ve loved getting to do a little life with these dear friends and mentors for the past few years and are now so so thrilled to share a glimpse of their wisdom and insight with you today.
What’s in this episode?
What’s all the hype about this interview?
What are the big and juicy questions we’ve asked the Hyatts from your request?
- The often shamed topic of Marriage Counseling and if it’s worth it. Spoiler alert! YES!
- You’ll get the full story on how Michael spent several years grinding and finding success in his career but the effects it had on not only his family, but health… including some visits to the ER.
- What lessons about marriage they have taught their five daughters and what lessons they wished they would have taught them sooner.
- The importance of understanding that you both are going to change. Who you are when you get married at 21 is totally different at 61. So how can you plan for the change that is called “growing up”?
So what are you waiting for?
Tune in to hear the full interview with Michael & Gail Hyatt or get instant access to a FREE download of the transcript from our interview together.
The goal of the Marriage More Podcast is to create a community for couples who are striving to be more intentional about their relationship.
We share REAL LIFE marriage with you.
We hope that you enjoy listening to how we do marriage, even though it may be different than how you do marriage.
We’d love for you to leave us a rating and review on iTunes if you enjoy the show! You can do that here.