If only we could refill our spouses love tank the same way we put the hose into the pool to refill it… reality is, we need to be refilled.
Our “love tanks” really do effect all aspects of our lives, from parenting to friendships and even into your career. When your love tank is full, it seeps into all the other areas of our lives too.
When does your spouse need a refill? It starts with knowing what your spouses love languages are (check out the 5 Love Languages podcast here)
Recognizing when your spouse needs their love tank refilled – it’s not just always after a fight or disagreement, but during a stressful day at work and when the kids are off the wall crazzyyyy. It’s in the ordinary days that you can work towards refilling your spouses love tank.
Whatever your and your spouses love languages are, we’ve rounded up a few creative ways to show each of the 5 love languages and refill your spouses love tank!
- Words of affirmation – Check out our Praise Challenge we completed and see how using words creates an impact. Whether it’s a simple text or praise on a stressful day, what you say matters.
- Acts of service – What you do means more than what you say. Mandy loves this one. Whether it’s picking the kids up from school or cleaning up after yourself, showing I love you sometimes means more than saying it.
- Receiving gifts – Love getting flowers delivered? Gifts on every holiday? You feel loved when gifts are received, so make sure you and your spouse mark down birthdays and special holidays to not miss out.
- Quality time – Whether its watching a movie or having the daily catch up chat from our Love Habits challenge, spending time together with an undivided attention is key here.
- Physical touch – Hand holding or the happenings behind closed doors, nothing speaks more clearly than an appropriate touch.
LINKS FROM THE SHOW